Workbook pages for Visual Art SL

swimbabe2015

I am submitting 10 of my sudio works for assessment and I have to submit various workbook pages for assessment as well. I created workbook pages for various other art projects that I never followed through with due to limited supplies, models, and time. My question is can I submit workbook pages for art projects that I am not submitting or do I have to submit the workbook pages that directly correspond to the works I would be submitting?

• 1 month later...

The reply might be overdue now, hope it might help someone anyway.

You absolutely can submit workbook pages showing development/thought process of the works that did not reach their final stage. It is a very good idea to show the process of creating, even if it involves mistakes and you giving up on the work. Make sure you make a good and clear explanation of why that work was not produced - lack of time or materials is not valid by itself. You could say for example, that you did not find the idea strong enough, that it was exploring a concept already investigated by your other works. 

I, for example, had a piece of work I had a piece of work in my mind. in my workbook pages, after explaining the concept and what I was going for, I followed by exploring different techniques and ways of going about things. At the end I abandoned all that work and did this in a completely different way. i explained everything extremely well and it was well recieved.

Showing the mistakes and self-critique of your own work can make a very strong workbook and signify the confidence you have in your submitted pieces.

You should make sure though that you do not lack in explaining everything about the works you are submitting though.

Good luck.

Edited by nonononononono