full marks

Bee =3

IB gives you grades on a scale of 1-7 (7 being the highest). You have 6 IB subjects, and a possible 3 bonus points from your EE + TOK. So the maximum number of points you can achieve is 45. That would be a "perfect" score in IB (which means you got all 3 bonus points and got 7's in each subject).

Your high school may translate your IB marks back to percentages because (in Ontario, Canada), our report cards show a percentage rather than our IB mark. So it's possible to get translated back to 100%.

Our translation works like this:

During the school year, when you do the normal high school assignments/tests etc, you're given a normal percentage grade. Say I had a 96 in biology (untranslated) and I was ranked first in my class because I had the highest mark in this subject. If I got a level 7 in the biology IB exam, then I would be translated to 100% because I was top of the class.

So basically one person will get 100% in each subject and everyone else is compared to them accordingly. The admin says that this system encourages students to not slack off during the school year because the higher your normal mark is, the higher you'll be translated after IB results.

For the girl that got 45 and 100%, she was the top of the class in every subject prior to the exams.

Edited by __inthemaking