Uni Penn Question

TheMountainGoat

What exactly do you mean by ib requirements for uni penn? Do you mean the minimum score required to get in uni penn or do you mean what subjects you need to take in ib for pursuing a course in uni penn? AnywaysHere is a link to the college credits for ib in uni penn : http://www.admissions.upenn.edu/apply/freshman-admission/ap-ib-and-pre-college-credit

For admission to the American colleges you will have to take the SAT and sometimes even the ACT. Theses test form the basis of your application in most unis and determine whether you can even apply in that university (this is usually the case for mid and some high tier universities). They also form an important factor in you getting selected to the uni. So make sure to take theses tests and get a good score in them.

You have a variety of courses to choose from in the uni. Take into account your ib subjects for choosing a course for uni. Conversely, have a rough idea as to what you want to pursue in uni and then choose your ib subjects.

American colleges can be expensive so make sure you try for a scholarship.

Feel free to ask any doubts or questions regarding this.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I actually did apply and get accepted to UPenn (I assume you mean the private, Ivy League University of Pennsylvania rather than Penn State?), but I am a big foggy on details. As far as I know, there is no hard and fast IB requirement. They also don't mind what subjects you take, though I do seem to recall that for Wharton IB Maths HL is looked upon favourably (for economics/business/finance) - though I don't think it was by any means obligatory. It is more about your overall transcript (your high school grades) - & either SAT or ACT. SATs are quite different, but the middle range of SAT scores is around 670-780 (out of 800). I'm not really sure about what other particular info you need, but google is always great for a basic overview if you really don't know how admissions work. Otherwise, if you have specific questions now, we can always try and answer them. :)