Slow (NO?) pace !

Bee =3

Hi,

Here's my dilemma.

We're in September.. and we're JUST finishing one of the four sections required..

What's more, we're supposed to have read:

Bruce Chatwin - In Patagonia

Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice

Shakespeare - Romeo and Juliet

Emily ****inson - Poems

-----

Apart from the fact that the texts themselves suck, of the above, we've read half of In Patagonia (but we didnt have any problems with the storyline because it basically is a compendium of quirky anecdotes and stories), we've watched Romeo + Juliet and Pride and Prejudice and read a couple of chapters of both.. I repeat.. a COUPLE of CHAPTERS! and a selection of the poems..

I've got the formal oral coming up.. and though I don't think I'll have much problem with those, as the extracts are of the few we've actually studied in class, i'm worried about the general pace. It's A1 Higher, FGS! In spanish A1 Higher, we've already gone through the informal oral (as the stepping stone for the formal oral nxt year! -much logical!) and we're almost done with world lit.

Do you think that we're going to finish the course in time? Luckily, my teacher's leaving at the end of this year, so I'll be getting somebody better next year.. but.. still. I really want to do English as Higher for my transcript.. but is it better to just do standard?

What do you think? anybody have any suggstions as to what to do with the situation or how I can prepare for the whole thing by myself cos th eteacher's not doing his job?!

help, please!

cheers,
B

It really depends on what section you've completed.

Of the 4 section, section 4 (school's free choice, books for IOP), you can pretty much rush through them or not even read all of them since they're not examined, you only have to do a presentation on 1 of the books.

My class spent over half of the first year on the 3 books in the WL1 section (section 1), only did 3 works in section 2 (the IOC section), we did get through all the section 3 works (written exam) and did 3 of the 4 works in section 4 in like the last 2 months of IB2 - where the teacher just dumped the books on us, told us to read them, had like 2 classes discussing each of them then did the presentation.

Theoretically you are supposed to read all the 15 works but even if you don't read all of them, but read enough to complete all your IA and enough to do the exam on, you'll live and no one will know. ^_^ Actually it's probably not a good idea to spend so much time on section 4 works and you should be spending plenty of time on the works in other sections, especially section 3 - the exam works.

yeahh .. but *sorry* but you know when the teacher is barely respectable?
like i mean, he's really young (not that that's wrong, but it still implies less experience), got into teaching just to see what it was like, knows that after resigning this year he will NOT teach again (i.e. he doesnt like teaching) and today, for e.g. he didn't come to school and we're 90% sure it was because he was recovering from a hangover! i mean, WTH.
haha