Struggling with SL Geo IA Topic

57X

I've been stuck on brainstorming for a good IA topic, mostly because I'm having a hard time narrowing down my research question and what I intend to investigate. The only IB Geo teacher in our school is currently on a personal leave and she will not be back for another week, so I'm just looking for any feedback or input here in the meantime  :)

I would like to focus my IA on different high schools in my city and correlate them to a certain aspect. I was thinking to research something like bus transit times/patterns to commute to school for different students in different schools. The problem is that I'm not too sure whether that topic can be referenced back to the IB Geo Syllabus as well as formulating the actual purpose/intent of that topic. I'm open to any other correlations, but there are already several classmates that are doing school vs. income, ethnicity and perception, so I was hoping to find a topic that still touches upon comparing different schools, but investigates a different aspect. 

I'm also interested in investigating different income levels in different regions of my city, but again, I'm not sure what aspect I can correlate with that. 

On another note, does anyone know where to find Geo IA exemplars with the mark scheme? I found several IA exemplars on scrib.com and a few other sites, but never one with a mark scheme. 

Any help/advice/suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you! :)