How many studio works are required for Visual Arts HL?

sanfran10

I'm really confused because my teacher keeps saying that we need 12-18 studio works for HL, but i asked another HL student at a different school and she said we only need around 8 or 9. On this website: http://www.thinkib.net/visualarts/page/8247/art-making it says that there are not a required number of works but rather that there are a required number of examples of EVIDENCE of work, which is where the 12-18 number comes in.

I'm really confused because my teacher keeps saying its 12-18 pieces but I feel like I can't trust it because this is the first year that my school is doing the IB and all the teachers are super inexperienced... and the other HL student I asked is going to UWC which has had IB for years.... Anyways I'm sorry for such a long post but It's really stressing me out a lot. If any of you have an answer it would be great! 

It really depends on what option you are. If you are option A, which I think you might be based on the information you are giving me, is 60% studio work. You obviously do not send your artwork to and examiner but you take photos of the work. For me, (option b 60% IWB) I have to have MAX 12 photos. This amount of art projects seems really excessive considering you wont be able to photograph them all. 

Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

The requirement is 12 to 18 images for Option A (60% SW). So, you can submit more than one image of a certain SW (especially if it's a sculpture or a 3D work). I am option A so I'll submit about 15 SWs.

You should choose them by significance, so it's better to submit a few significant works than many that you can't justify.

Good luck!

• Like 1