HELP! I need advice

simran.s

I'm a pre-ib grade 9 student. I passed all my exams with decent marks but I failed math. Will I get kicked out? The reason I couldn't concetrate is that there were so many personal problems. If I talk to the teacher and explain to them why, do you think they'll let me do the course over the summer?

Also this is the first time our school started the IB program.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of us here will be able to offer any real help to you. Your best bet is to talk with your math teacher, IB coordinator, head of the school, etc. and figure out the best situation for you. If you have documented personal issues such as illness or had a family emergency/situation (close family member got hurt/got very sick/died) you should be prepared to explain it and provide evidence like a doctor's note of some sort. Don't be demanding, tell them you've had issues that you've either resolved or are working on, and would like to stay in the program and retake math at the earliest possibility.

Best of luck :)

• Like 1

No, you won't get kicked out. You said that your other exams went fairly well, and it's only maths that you failed. If I were you, I would go and talk to your maths teacher and explain the situation and what was going on/the reason why you failed the exam. The teacher is there to help you with your situation, so don't be afraid to talk to him/her (especially if you normally archieve good results in maths). Pre-IB is not as strict as IB, so there's nothing to be worried much about. Ask for a retake or something that would bring your grade up.

Cheer up and good luck! :)

Edited by mac117
  • Like 2