Weird question, can I use both A level and IB to apply for university?

I am now taking ib but I am not doing Physics HL which might be needed for my career and university degree. But my school doesn't allow me to change my subject ( my school sucks ). So would it be possible to self taught A level physics and use the COMBINATION of Alevel and IB to apply for universities ? 

Thanks.

I believe you can. A friend of mine wants to do engineering. He was in Math standard during PRE-IB and could not take Math HL, so he is now doing both Math SL and A-Level Math HL (The equivalent to Math HL in the A-Levels) and I believe he will use both to apply. I'd wait for confirmation from someone in the forum, or i'd try to talk someone at your school. 

I am now taking ib but I am not doing Physics HL which might be needed for my career and university degree. But my school doesn't allow me to change my subject ( my school sucks ). So would it be possible to self taught A level physics and use the COMBINATION of Alevel and IB to apply for universities ? 

Thanks.

Yeah it's possible to do physics as A-level or AP, etc in addition. Can't you switch a subject to physics at HL to make it easier for yourself?

Edited by Baller97

Thanks.

As far as I know, you can do this in UCAS. IIRC you can put up to 10 different qualifications (including your pre-IB qualification, like GCSEs). 

A line explaining the extra A level, in your personal statement or (preferably) in your reference would be very much advised. 

• Like 1