Uther

Hello IB Survival! 

I´m on my second year of the IB and have been thinking about what to study, i was focusing on business administration, however recentely the whole social responsiblity of a mining industry has been interesting me. If I wanted to focus on that should I study Sociology? Or do a dual degree, perhaps sociology and business adm.? I´m confusing too much! Plz help me!

Is there anyway you can go to college undecided? Then you could try and figure it out by dropping into those particular classes. I don't know you personally so I can't help you pick a major life decision. But I do recommend you research extensively what each course offers and how that can be translated into a job when you get out of college. 

Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

Is there anyway you can go to college undecided? Then you could try and figure it out by dropping into those particular classes. I don't know you personally so I can't help you pick a major life decision. But I do recommend you research extensively what each course offers and how that can be translated into a job when you get out of college. 

Hope this helps! 

Yes, I think there are a couple of Unis which let you decide on your major at the end of the first year if not mistaken. Thanks for the comment!

Hello IB Survival! 

I´m on my second year of the IB and have been thinking about what to study, i was focusing on business administration, however recentely the whole social responsiblity of a mining industry has been interesting me. If I wanted to focus on that should I study Sociology? Or do a dual degree, perhaps sociology and business adm.? I´m confusing too much! Plz help me!

Well, if you're interested in that why don't you go for mining geology? and do your minor with something to do with business.. or do your Master's in management or business administration, etc.?

• 2 weeks later...