Hey Guys,

So i'm writing a practice Paper 1 tomorrow. I have no idea what my thesis should be nor do I have any idea as to what techniques I can analyze. Here is a link to the document (also the file uploaded):

http://www.sunnyhills.net/apps/download/2/V7Rl2KgKkmiPyNJ2mVJst0WliYy8B2ODEwB1gjKsDjxS8wfu.pdf/IB%20Lit%20Paper%201%20and%202.pdf

Scroll down to page 6 (labelled page 2). It's the excerpt that starts with "The buyers walk the line of our tobacco."

Please please any ideas you have would be awesome. The markscheme is:

An adequate to good literary commentary will:

• grasp the basic situation of the tobacco selling/buying and the economic situation of the passage

• note the anticipation and tension of the various members of the family

• identify the particular attitudes of the mother, the father and the narrative voice in relation

to each other in this situation

• follow the implications of the use of the “ticket†in the transactions

• understand the conclusion of the morning’s event.

A very good to excellent literary commentary may also:

• probe the gestures and words of each of the characters for what they reveal of both background and situation and the writer’s efficiency in the techniques of characterization

• note the role that adjectives and adverbs play in delineating the content and tone of the

passage

• discuss the alternating attention of the narrator to each of the parents, and their own

interactions

• explore the way language is used to acquaint the reader with the particular practice of

tobacco trading. 

My goal is to get a 6/7, so it needs to meet the "excellent literary commentary" category.

I'm not asking for anyone to write the essay! Just give me some ideas for assertions PLEASE?!

www.sunnyhills.net_apps_download_2_V7Rl2KgKkmiPyNJ2mVJst0WliYy8B2ODEwB1gjKsDjxS8wfu.pdf_IB Lit Paper 1 and 2.pdf