What university Course should I take ?

IBdubai

Hi, 

I am in my first year of Ib diploma, i take physics SL, English A1 SL, Maths SL, Chemistry HL, Business HL, Arabic B HL, i still do not know which career path to choose and which university course to pick, i have to choose my EE topic soon and i would like it to be relatable to my course choice, can you please help me choose which courses are available to pick for university from the subjects i take? 

Thank you in advance,

I don't think it is a good idea to ask random strangers on the internet what you should choose as your career. Over time you will figure it out. For now, I recommend that you do your EE on something you are passionate about. I didn't know what I wanted to do when I got in IB, but I ended up figuring it out. My EE topic is not in that particular subject but I still find it quite interesting. Best of luck to you and remember you don't have to figure everything out right now. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

You want what you study at university to be something you're passionate about. It's totally fine at this point not to know what you want to study, and you're better off right now writing your EE on something you find interesting. It might be that after writing your EE you suddenly realise that you really like that topic and want to take it further. But unfortunately we really can't help you choose what to study because it's a personal decision.

• Like 1

Coming from someone who had a sinilar dillema as you do, I'd give it time. Although your courses are chosen, your career does not depend merely upon them. To a certain extent, you cannot know what you want to do for the rest of your life at the age of (16, 17). I'd talk to a family member, or someone you trust about this issue, and see if they give you any advice. All in all, I'd suggest talking to your parents, they are the ones who know you the best (Theoretically) and thus can know your strengths and weaknesses and what you are likely to suceed on. I wouldn't ask strangers for an opinion on what you want to do for the rest of your life, that's like trusting someone you've never met before with you adress and credit card information.. not a good idea.  ;)