CAS with a for-profit organisation

woo16

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if you're allowed to do CAS for a for-profit organisation? Say, if you worked as a volunteer at a large organisation such as a museum that was for profit, could you count this for CAS (probably for service)?

Thank you all! I'm reaching the end of my IB journey and really need to finish my CAS :')

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if you're allowed to do CAS for a for-profit organisation? Say, if you worked as a volunteer at a large organisation such as a museum that was for profit, could you count this for CAS (probably for service)?

Thank you all! I'm reaching the end of my IB journey and really need to finish my CAS :')

It should count - you're not shadowing someone and nor are you getting paid so it should count for CAS. Don't think it matter that the organization your volunteering for aims to make profit. But make sure to check with your CAS coordinator. There is no point on asking on here as different schools have different rules regarding what counts for CAS and what doesn't. For example, a lot of IB students are allowed to go to the gym for CAS but my school doesn't allow us to count it for CAS unless it's an organized class with an instructor. So to reiterate what I said - ask your CAS coordinator! :) 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It definitely should count, YOU are helping, for free, an organisation that's providing a service to  people. But our school tends not to accept service to groups that aren't disadvantaged

but offcourse you have to check with ur coordinator, doesn't really help to ask here

Edited by vladimir mykraine