To what extent is scientific knowledge based on fundamental concepts?

Kenzo

Hello everyone,

I am writing this TOK essay about this topic "To what extent is scientific knowledge based on fundamental concepts?" and i am completely lost.I have so far talked about how fundamental concepts leads another fundamental concept to be derived and this leads to scientific knowledge to be gained and i dont even think what i am writing is correct.

Can anyone please help me?

Weird... that title isn't a prescribe May 2015 ToK essay title. I hope this isn't your real ToK essay.

Anyway, for a ToK essay, you should pick an answer. Then, come up with knowledge issues to explore that you believe make up part of the overall title. While exploring those knowledge issues, you should give evidence, counterclaims, and then even responses to the counterclaims. 

For this topic, you need to choose whether you believe it is a large extent or a small extent. Then, you'll want to define key terms like "fundamental concepts" and explore what those terms really mean through other knowledge issues. By the end, you should have clearly chosen a side while also listing plenty of limitations on your case.