Advice needed - IOP

autumne

Hello guys, so I've planned to do my IOP on The Maus by Art Spiegelman. My IOP's gonna be a analytical + creative one.

I'm gonna self write some diary entries of one of the minor character in the book, Richieu. I want to describe his young life before he was poisoned by his aunt to prevent from being sent to the gas chambers. My analysis part will be mainly on the emotive language he used, diction and tone and changes in his writing style before and after separating from his parents.

What do you guys think about it? Any advice and suggestions are very, very welcomed! :D

It sounds good. I've never read that, so I don't know how good of a topic you have specifically, but in general that sounds like a good plan. The goal of the IOP is for it to be "analytical + creative."

The only question I'd ask you is if a diary entry will increase audience retention and interest. Criterion B demands that you keep the audience engaged - will a diary entry do that?

It sounds good. I've never read that, so I don't know how good of a topic you have specifically, but in general that sounds like a good plan. The goal of the IOP is for it to be "analytical + creative."

The only question I'd ask you is if a diary entry will increase audience retention and interest. Criterion B demands that you keep the audience engaged - will a diary entry do that?

Probably diary entries with more revelation about his outlook on life that wasn't touched in the book and his emotions? As he was a really young boy when he died... I had to use kiddish words for it too...