IA Zajonc 1968

nopressure_

Hello! 

I'm on my way with a psychology internal, and I'm not sure about the study I've chosen and neither is my teacher, and therefore I came here to get some help. 

The study I've found is by Zajonc et al. in 1968, where participants have to choose one word from each of the 154 antonym pairs (whole study can be found here http://www.communicationcache.com/uploads/1/0/8/8/10887248/attitudinal_effects_of_mere_exposure.pdf, where relevant pages are page 3-8). 

I would want my control condition to be to give the control group a Swedish list of the same words, and then compare them with the normal English words. My teacher is not sure that I can do this, so I would really appreciate if any of you knew if it was possible. 

Thanks! :)

Are you SL or HL?

Are you in doubt because the study used French and German words and there was no mention of Swedish? If so, then that is OK, you can use Swedish words, you are allowed to adapt studies language-wise for your IA. The point of the IA is not to perfectly replicate any study, it is to practice conducting a study and running statistics.