Indonesian B or A? Or Spanish Ab Initio? Please help..

So I'm currently taking HL Physics, HL Chem, HL Business, SL Math, SL English A, SL Spanish Ab Inito...still on the 1st term of IB but i'm beginning to hate Spanish and I realised the amount of hw from spanish is more than my science classes which is becoming a pain in the a**. I'm indonesian and although my last time, learning the language was in grade 5, I can speak fluent Bahasa. Am I allowed to join Indonesian B? and does anyone know how difficult is the Indonesian A SL? or should i stick with Spanish AB....

Thanks.

Edited by IBSurvivors07

Language B ab initio is actually pretty hard cause you have to cover 3 years worth of material in 1.5 years. So if you're starting to dislike it, then maybe you should change. As for Indonesian, I'm guessing that if you haven't taken it in 8 years you are not considered native? And even if you are, try to hide it :P I have a friend that is fluent in Spanish but was still able to take Spanish B HL because his nationality is French. So you should definitely ask if you are allowed, I think it would make your life much easier!

I'm also an Indonesian and I take Indonesian A SL because my school told me to do so (I took English as Second Language for IGCSE, so they didn't offer me English A SL). But I like my Indo A SL course. It's not that hard but the workload is quite heavy because for me, I have to read 10 books within 2 years (or less). But I also think that Indo A SL may be hard for you since you haven't studied that language for years.

I am quite sure that you're allowed to take Indonesian B HL. In my school, lots of my Indonesian friends who are very fluent in Indonesian and achieved good scores get into Indo B HL because they take English A SL. They're not allowed to do Indo B SL and AB Initio though. Too easy for them.

Any news from your school whether you can take Indo B? Good luck with your choice  :king:

• Like 1

Well, I haven't decided yet and since I have a test in 2 weeks, I wanna see what I'll achieve then decide. The problem is that I already took Business HL, Physics HL and Chem HL, I don't really wanna substitute any of my HLs for Indo. However, I'll ask whether I'm allowed to take Indo B SL since I already have English A SL. Thanks for the info and answer :D