Biology HL: Photosynthesis and cell respiration

djshah

So we just finished the photosynthesis and cell respiration part of HL. I just wanted to know is it me or is the HL part of photosynthesis and cell respiration ridiculosly hard??

If anyone has done Biology HL could you please tell me how you found photosynthesis and cell respiration at higher level and does it get any harder.

[quote name='djshah' post='22885' date='Aug 28 2008, 06:28 AM']So we just finished the photosynthesis and cell respiration part of HL. I just wanted to know is it me or is the HL part of photosynthesis and cell respiration ridiculosly hard??

If anyone has done Biology HL could you please tell me how you found photosynthesis and cell respiration at higher level and does it get any harder.[/quote]
Honestly I know I sutudied it but I can't remember half of it. My teacher sucks! Besides I really hated that topic. I believe after that everything gets easier, because everything relates with everything. So don't worry you'll survive.

My teacher saves that topic for last caus it's the hardest topic. Instead of a final exam (for regular curriculum bio 12 marks) covering all topics, he gives a 2-hour exam on this topic because u can't cover the entire topic with an exam less than 2 hours long, according to him

Thanks for replying guys. You were thankfully right. We did plant science which i found alot easier than photosynthesis and cell respiration. The test for plant science went alot better than cell respiration although I scored higher on the photosynthesis and cell respiration test. This is obviously because of the extra stress which caused me to study higher. But both were 7 so yay!! :P

• 2 weeks later...

I would say that HL photosynthesis/cell.respiration is rather very confusing. It may be confusing for those who take chemistry, when they refer to 'oxidised' 'reduced' processes within several cycles. Using alot of diagrams, as you talk through the processes yourself, may be helpful. Otherwise, purely memorizing what becomes what in each stage is important.

Some diagrams may be even more confusing, so find a good diagram. I think the one in the IB survival (green book), i believe, has good diagrams/drawings.