Historical Investigation

oxemmaleigh12

Do something worthwhile - what will benefit you in this course the most. Remember, that this IA is worth about 20 percent of your final IB Grade -- you don't want to do a poor job. Nail this 20 (or so) percent! Otherwise, you will be even more stressed about your final exams. Sure, pick something which interests you... its not very often the IB lets you do anything you want!... But study/explore/discuss/analyse something which is beneficial (i.e.: will help you in your final exams). Consult with your teacher is you are unsure.

[quote name='oxemmaleigh12' post='22615' date='Aug 25 2008, 02:16 AM']hi everyone.
im starting my historical investigation, and i have no clue how to find a topic.
does anyone have sample topics they would like to share?[/quote]

do a topic that's part of your syllabus. the IA requires you to do lots of research and indepth analysis. so if you do a topic in your syllabus, its like killing two birds with one stone. you have a good topic for the IA, and you also learn the topic while doing the IA. i did my EE on the vietnam war. its not the IA, but its rather similar... after completing my EE, i knew so much about the vietnam war, i didnt have to study it for my exams. it was like, information built into my brain. haha