Initiative CAS

fahkk

I am wondering if is it is required to initiate a CAS before I graduate?

If I don't do it then does that mean I can't have the diploma certificate & can't graduate?

Does initiate a CAS have to be creativity and action and service? For example can it be only creativity? Or only creativity and service?

I am so confused, please help. I'd be very appreciate.

Thank you so much :D

CAS is a requirement in order to fully pass the IB diploma. You need to complete 50 hours of creativity, 50 hours action and 50 hours of service, so 150 in total. You could do more than that, or more of action, for example, if that's your thing, but you must have 50 hours of each. You will add activities (varsity basketball, choir etc) and the hours you do for the activity you can put as creativity, action or service, or even a combination.

It doesn't count as anything for the IB score, but if you don't do it you basically 'fail' IB.  

But I am pretty sure that if you are only taking an IB certificate, then CAS is not a requirement. :)

CAS is a requirement in order to fully pass the IB diploma. You need to complete 50 hours of creativity, 50 hours action and 50 hours of service, so 150 in total. You could do more than that, or more of action, for example, if that's your thing, but you must have 50 hours of each. You will add activities (varsity basketball, choir etc) and the hours you do for the activity you can put as creativity, action or service, or even a combination.

It doesn't count as anything for the IB score, but if you don't do it you basically 'fail' IB.  

But I am pretty sure that if you are only taking an IB certificate, then CAS is not a requirement. :)

I have enough CAS to complete for 50 hours but what I meant was the CAS where I have to initiate. 

I don't know whether every ib students have to initiate a CAS before they graduate.

Ohh your own CAS project? Sorry, I got it now. Yeah I'm pretty certain you need it. My school said it doesn't have to be very long or whatever, and we can have like two, three people being the 'leaders'.