SL French B (Homework Help)

Hi guys,

So I am assigned, in SL French B, to write a letter on the following:

Votre ami(e) a des difficultés avec ses parents car, à son avis, ils ne le/la comprennent pas. Comme il/elle n'ose pas leur en parler, vous decidez d'ecrire une lettre a ses parents afin de les aider a retablir la communication entre eux. Vous leur expliquez la situation et les sentiments de votre ami(e) et leur proposez des solutions.

However, I do not understand what this is exactly trying to say. I mean, 1) is it saying that the problem is the lack of communication between the friend and his/her parents, OR 2) is it saying that I have to write about a problem (create one, I imagine) between the friend and the parents...?

Clarification will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You need to intercede on behalf of your friend.

Your friend does not dare to speak speak with parents because he/she feels they do not understand him/her. Write a letter in an attempt to re-establish some kind of communication between the parties. Explain the situation, your friend's feelings, and some possible solutions to the problem.

How very mature :)  

I spent some time studying in Halifax, N.S.  Good memories... 

Good luck with your French!  It is a fine choice