Theatre RI help about theatre of the absurd

Ziqing Huang

Hey guys, for my threatre RI, I have chosen the Theatre of the Absurd and the play "waiting for Godot'. So now I'm struggled which theatrical aspect I am going to focus on. Since I don't which is the highlight in the theatre of the absurd, can you guys tell me about it? And I'm also interested in the set design, but I don't really know how to formulate a research question, can I analyze previous production of waiting for Godot then tell how to design the set.? Please help me!

• 2 weeks later...

Absurd theatre is almost all-about the script and dialogues, because without it, the whole absurd thing will be lost, so the actors really need to learn their lines in order for the play to keep the absurd. Now, if you really want to go with set design of "Waiting for Godot" there isn't much to research about, as Beckett only mentions some aspects of it in the written version of the play (for example, the tree by the road in which the characters wait for Godot), but you CAN analyze a previous production or adaptation of the play that can work with what you want to do (if you cite the Theatre group and the Director of the production).

Absurd theatre is almost all-about the script and dialogues, because without it, the whole absurd thing will be lost, so the actors really need to learn their lines in order for the play to keep the absurd. Now, if you really want to go with set design of "Waiting for Godot" there isn't much to research about, as Beckett only mentions some aspects of it in the written version of the play (for example, the tree by the road in which the characters wait for Godot), but you CAN analyze a previous production or adaptation of the play that can work with what you want to do (if you cite the Theatre group and the Director of the production).

Yep, i also found out there is nothing i can do about the set design, then how about actor's movement?? Can RI analyse a previous production? i though it is not allowed...