Knight

So I'm a IB junior. After serious and prolonged thinking, I have decided to do PPE (phil, econ, pol.sci) at undergrad (possibly along with an astrophysics minor) and then pursue a joint law and business degree. Is this doable and rewarding? I need help urgently! Thanks in Advance!

Edited by Knight

Hey! It's great that you seem pretty set already on what you want to do at university, frankly many of us are still desperately unsure about future plans. Your plans do seem 'doable', although it would require hard work and determination. I'm not sure about whether you could actually take PPE with an astrophysics minor, or a law/business joint degree at postgraduate (I'm under the impression you can only do this undergraduate, or as two separate degrees one after another), but as long as you find universities/countries which offer those courses, nothing's stopping you. As to whether your plans are 'rewarding', that is a far more difficult question to answer altogether. :) Truly, it does depend on each person! Certainly, the degrees seemingly will prepare you well for a variety of careers, but as to whether you personally find it fulfilling, it's hard to say. 

• Like 2

So I'm a IB junior. After serious and prolonged thinking, I have decided to do PPE (phil, econ, pol.sci) at undergrad (possibly along with an astrophysics minor) and then pursue a joint law and business degree. Is this doable and rewarding? I need help urgently! Thanks in Advance!

Hey there, 

You can't really do PPE and minor in astrophysics. I don't think Oxford or other UK uni work that way. 

To be very honest with you.. If you are not actually interested in the subject matter itself, I'd suggest you stay away from applying for PPE. Mainly because the the workload will be high and you can really only sustain it if you *enjoy* what you're doing. Meaning you envision spending weekends reading complex textbooks and essays as a fun activity that you would enjoy doing on your own. 

Also, the tutors at Oxford have made your subject the work of their life. So, you will be essentially "caught out" if you're not really passionate about the subject, during your interview. There are plenty of people who apply to PPE because its a highly bankable degree and they get rejected at interview. 

As to whether its rewarding... that's honestly up to you. You could search University of Oxford in iTunes u and listen to the relevant lectures, see if you enjoy them!