Maths HL and Physics HL continuation

yohan6397

Math HL and Physics HL are subjects never to be trifled with. You need natural talent in addition to hard work to succeed in getting high grades in these subjects. Your IGCSE grades are never an indication of how well you will do in IB subjects because honestly, the IGCSEs are extremely easy compared to IB subjects.

Don't get over ambitious and think long and hard about what you want to do and what your skill level is at currently. Think about how much time and effort you are able to put in into these two subjects because from my experience HL Math took up most of my study times.

For reference I got 97% on IGCSE Maths without breaking a sweat but every test and exam I did in HL Math was a uphill struggle and in the end I got a 6 for HL Maths. People I knew who did well in IGCSE Science also struggled with HL Physics. Think carefully about your future before you choose subjects.

• 1 month later...

I think you are fine with Physics HL, but Math HL is considered as being extremely difficult and, at least in my school, they only let students achieving A*s at their IGCSEs to do MathHL. I got 100% at my IGCSE exam and i am fine doing Maths Further HL. I would advise you to start taking MathHL in IB, but also do a backup HL course, in case you decide to drop MathHL later on.

Cheers and Goodluck, sorry for my English, i live in Brasil.