Should I remark my HL ENGLISH exam?

How did your remark go @babyblueeyes

I must admit I am a little disappointed in the remarking process but trust me a lot of people swear by it and say they usually always experience an increase of a few marks. I took my language B SL anticipated the year before the rest of my finals and received a 6, but I was only one tiny mark away from a 7 (not 1% but literally 1 mark) and I asked for a remark but since my language B subject is quite uncommon my papers went back to the original examiner, which I personally think is super unfair (of course the examiner is going to agree with his own grade!) so nothing changed for me.

Then a year later, when I received my breakdown statistics I saw that I was only 1 tiny mark from getting a 7 in Math and also 1 mark away from an A in ToK, and 2 marks away from a 6 in English. However, I didn't bother with remarking because a. I was satisfied with my final score and b. Math is rather objective, I didn't need the A in ToK since I already had the three bonus points. The only subject I was considering was English, however unfortunately paper 1 and paper 2 went pretty well, the only thing that went wrong is that my teacher misunderstood the new syllabus and so the entire class screwed up their IOC and Written Assignment, so obviously if I did it wrong from the beginning, a remark wouldn't change anything.

However, if you do experience a grade increase, you get your money back which I think is pretty good! I honestly think that out of all subjects, English is probably the best subject for a remark, because the examiners are bound to interpret your papers differently!

Good luck :)

Thank you. Do you know how long it takes to receive break down statistics?

Can I just email my coordinator requesting a remark or do I have to meet with him personally ?

Some people on here are saying that they are released tomorrow, but I personally didn't receive mine until mid-september! (I was not pleased). Some IB Coordinators are a total hassle to deal with and don't want to give them out but I say just keep bugging them and don't give up. After all this is your future, not theirs!

Edit: I just emailed my coordinator! Should be no problem :)

Edited by Babydolleyes

i received a 3 in my Visual Arts ( same as your case) I'm 2 marks away from getting a 4....and 3 marks away from getting a 5 in English...I'm planning to remark as well but i scared my grades will went down. 

Should i remarks those ? >< 

Edited by wihteunxi