IBS people headed to Oxford this October

yii yann

Hi guys! 

As I'm typing this, you're all receiving your results. Some will be elated, some will be devastated, some will be relieved, and some will not know today is results day. 

I'm from Singapore, and will be going to Oxford (Queens' College) this October, and wanted to know if anyone else is going to Oxford. It's a totally new country for me (apart from a particular sandwich shop...I practically memorized my way there). So, it'd be really great if I got to meet some, in a way, familiar faces there. 

I'm hoping we could maybe get a little group going on, and meet there whenever the reporting day is. At least we'll know some people before we're even there!

So yeah, please do post here if you're going to Oxford this year. 

Also, as I read through this post again, I get the sense that it may sound vaguely elitist. It's really not, it's just that there's no point doing this if you're going to like, St Andrew's or something. 

• Like 1

Hi guys! 

As I'm typing this, you're all receiving your results. Some will be elated, some will be devastated, some will be relieved, and some will not know today is results day. 

I'm from Singapore, and will be going to Oxford (Queens' College) this October, and wanted to know if anyone else is going to Oxford. It's a totally new country for me (apart from a particular sandwich shop...I practically memorized my way there). So, it'd be really great if I got to meet some, in a way, familiar faces there. 

I'm hoping we could maybe get a little group going on, and meet there whenever the reporting day is. At least we'll know some people before we're even there!

Also, as I read through this post again, I get the sense that it may sound vaguely elitist. It's really not, it's just that there's no point doing this if you're going to like, St Andrew's or something.

What you saying about St. Andrews -.-

Hi guys! 

That it's in Scotland, and so the whole "let's meet up so we aren't alone during the start of university" thing isn't exactly going to work out XD . I picked St Andrew's because its the furthest university from Oxford that I know, and I wasn't too sure how to spell Edinburgh (googled it this time!) 

Hi guys! 

That it's in Scotland, and so the whole "let's meet up so we aren't alone during the start of university" thing isn't exactly going to work out XD . I picked St Andrew's because its the furthest university from Oxford that I know, and I wasn't too sure how to spell Edinburgh (googled it this time!)

Ah I see :P I swear there's a few Oxforders around. Over at the student room there were at least 4 IB folks going to Oxford.

For the record, Aberdeen is the furthest away I'd imagine, :P