Bristol

AnupamaRijhwani

Today I got my results, and Bristol was my insurance which asked for a 32 with 6 in French and 6 in Music for my course (Joint Honours in French and Music). I got a 38 with a 6 in French, but unfortunately I got a 5 in Music. I can't call Bristol till Monday, but I was wondering if anyone knows about Bristol accepting students who have missed their offer? I am applying as an international student, just in case that makes any difference? (I don't know)

Thanks!

Well, you have missed your offer so Bristol does have a choice to revoke it if they so choose.

However, I think it is unlikely that they will since you did exceed in terms of total points earned and being international, they love charging you higher fees!

Also, did you not meet the requirements for your firm offer with 38 points? That seems surprising to me.

Today I got my results, and Bristol was my insurance which asked for a 32 with 6 in French and 6 in Music for my course (Joint Honours in French and Music). I got a 38 with a 6 in French, but unfortunately I got a 5 in Music. I can't call Bristol till Monday, but I was wondering if anyone knows about Bristol accepting students who have missed their offer? I am applying as an international student, just in case that makes any difference? (I don't know)Thanks![/quote

What was your firm?. I know last year Bristol took people who missed their offers for law in terms of total points so I think you should be fine. They may ask you to call back on alevel results day

Thanks for replying :)

My firm is Durham which asked for a 38 with 6s in my highers (Psychology, French, Music). I got a 6 in both Psychology and French, its just Music that I have missed. I am waiting for my breakdown on Monday to see if it will be worth sending for remarking.

Durham might still take you. I can't see music and French being overly subscribed (although I'm sure you applied for combined arts if the offer is 38 with 666 at HL?)

Yes, I applied for Combined Honours in Arts for French and Music for Durham. Obviously I have a better chance of getting into Bristol than Durham but I am going to call both and hopefully one will accept me :/

I got rejected for Combined Arts last year :-(

I think they'll take you, HL Music is notorious for being a hit or miss subject. My school has only ever had 3 6s over 7 years of IB in HO music

Yes, I applied for Combined Honours in Arts for French and Music for Durham. Obviously I have a better chance of getting into Bristol than Durham but I am going to call both and hopefully one will accept me :/

I think they'll take you, HL Music is notorious for being a hit or miss subject. My school has only ever had 3 6s over 7 years of IB in HO music

Oh :(

I hope they will, my school has only gotten one 6 in 5 years! At this point, I just want to speak to them and find out where I stand, waiting is making me more anxious. 

I hope they will, my school has only gotten one 6 in 5 years! At this point, I just want to speak to them and find out where I stand, waiting is making me more anxious. 

You'll be fine :-) either way, Durham or Bristol are both amazing universities and I'm sure you'll be happy wherever. Which college in Durham?

You'll be fine :-) either way, Durham or Bristol are both amazing universities and I'm sure you'll be happy wherever. Which college in Durham?

Thanks :) I think I would be so privileged to be able to go to either!

I applied to University College. 

Wow, did you get allocated Uni College? It's so beautiful. I applied to Hild-Bede!

Wow, did you get allocated Uni College? It's so beautiful. I applied to Hild-Bede!

When I went to the open day I decided I would apply to Uni College no matter what, it was so cool! I was so happy when they gave me an offer, lol. 

I didn't visit Hild-Bede :( which uni are you in now? 

When I went to the open day I decided I would apply to Uni College no matter what, it was so cool! I was so happy when they gave me an offer, lol. 

Most people apply to Uni college but don't get an offer so you're very lucky!

I go to St Andrews, which I actually love now. :)

Most people apply to Uni college but don't get an offer so you're very lucky!

I go to St Andrews, which I actually love now. :)

Yeah, I just hope everything works out - I knew I had to work really hard for Music, and I did, but still ended up with a 5 so there's not much more I can do about that now.

Wow that's cool, St Andrews must be amazing! :)

Well music is hardcore, 3 hour exam for HL sounds intense.

Yeah I love it, I think if i'd got offers from both I'd have still chose St Andrews just because i love being by the sea :)

Yeah music is intense to an extent, hopefully Durham/Bristol will know that!

That's amazing, some of my friends are going there is year :)

Yeah I love it, I think if i'd got offers from both I'd have still chose St Andrews just because i love being by the sea :)

Ah they'll love it, it's a great place to study.

Either way, you might be close to the 6 boundary and since music is so subjective a remark may help!

Ah they'll love it, it's a great place to study.

Either way, you might be close to the 6 boundary and since music is so subjective a remark may help!

Yeah, thank you for your help and reassurance! :)