Psychology Extended Essay - Sources

Hannah Michelle

I'm doing my extended essay based on the research question, "to what extent to biological and environmental factors effect personality?" 

I have found 12 sources, but I decided that two of them are redundant and useless. Would 10 be too little an amount of sources?

I have three or four websites. One of them is a blog post, but it references real theories and studies and is by a reputable author, so I think it will be okay. Then I have two books and four or five studies. 

Within the studies, more specifically the background research they provide, there are a lot of references to other studies, so I got a TON of information from that. 

Do you think that I have a good variety/enough sources for a psychology EE? The books and studies are obviously very lengthy, so I figured it would be fine to have less than 12, but I would like a second opinion on it. Also, is the blog post fine to use? Here's the link to it: http://blog.bufferapp.com/6-powerful-psychological-effects-that-explain-how-humans-tick

I would avoid using the websites. Instead find the paper or book that the websites cite. It is perfectly acceptable to cite something you haven't actually 'read' as long as you have a good understanding of the theory or study which could easily come from wikipedia or a blog post.

It is important for the extended essay to use emprical studies so try to stick to theories which have actual evidence.

If you are analyzing 10 sources in depth it could be sufficient but more studies should ideally be used to evaluate the main theories you are discussing.

Also fix typo in your title: affect not effect.