Biology EE Format

natedog1590

extremely confused about the format of biology EE. does it have a body and if so wat does it consist of?

Hello, i think i can help you with your problem. As i know EE must be written in this format :

* the paper must be word-processed or typed, double spaced.

**12 point type. Only standardized fotns sholud be used, with non-stylized,standard horizantal spacing.

***thes essay requires an abstract- summary-, title page, table of contents and bibliography.

**** On the title page the title should be centered one third from the top with identifying information centered two-thirds from the top

***** All margins should be one inch

******All pages must be numbered.

ALSO ;

First of all before start writing your introduction part u should do "table of contents" and abstract

There must be an introduction part which should be impressive and grab the readers attention it must be clear and show relevance to the area of topic u are writig about.

Introduction part is folled by the body part it must be cotinuation of the introduction. When writing the body part u should take care with the construction of paragraphs. A paragrap should focus on a central idea which is followed by supporting sentences. Do not repet same ideas it would create a bad impression.

After writing body part you should write conclusion part which has to be well supported by the body part.After conc. part u have to write

references and bibliography and charts etc. if u have

thats all i know about format of EE if i am wrong please correct me . =) :P

Here is what my essay looks like:

Table of Contents

1) Background ……………………………………………………………………. p3

2) Aim ………..……………………………………………………………………. p5

3) Hypothesis …………………………………………………………………….. p5

4) Method …………………………………………………………………………. p7

4.1) Variables …………………………………………………………….. p7

5) Results ………………………………………………………………………... p10

6) Calculations ………………………………………………………………….. p14

7) Data interpretation …………………………………………………………... p17

8) Conclusion …………………………………………………………………… p19

8.1) Unresolved questions …………………………………………….. p20

9) Evaluation ……………………………………………………………………......p -

10) Bibliography ……………………………………………………………………p -

I've seen mixed opinions on your abstract question. I'll assume you know what an abstract is in my reply :read: . It makes sense to me that the abstract should not be in the ToC because you would read the abstract before moving onto the ToC, if at all. However some teacher insist on putting the abstract in the ToC for some unknown (probably formality or pedantic related) reason. I don't think you'll get marked down either way so don't sweat it :P . Microsoft Word actually puts the abstract automatically on the cover page which makes sense but I wouldn't recommend it for your EE.

I did not put my Abstract in the ToC btw.

Hey guys

For the format in materials and methods, does it have to be like a lab format? ;)

1. do that

2. do this

3. do it again etc.

or just in paragraph format? Our teacher didn't say and it is not in our criteria :P

Any ideas? :P

I didn't put a list of materials, so I can't help you with that.

But for my method, I didn't exactly to a bullet-point list, but wrote it in paragraphs basically giving steps. I got something like:

"Once the student had finished the trial, the stopwatch was stopped and the card held down. The number of mistakes was recorded and the amount of time taken to complete the test was recorded. The experiment was repeated again but with the different cards. All three trials were recorded in the same manner."

So you see, I stuck to printing bullet points in paragraph format.

I didn't put a list of materials, so I can't help you with that.

But for my method, I didn't exactly to a bullet-point list, but wrote it in paragraphs basically giving steps. I got something like:

"Once the student had finished the trial, the stopwatch was stopped and the card held down. The number of mistakes was recorded and the amount of time taken to complete the test was recorded. The experiment was repeated again but with the different cards. All three trials were recorded in the same manner."

So you see, I stuck to printing bullet points in paragraph format.

Thanks for your help. Usually in labs we do steps, it was only until I saw other EE samples and started writing in paragraphs. Be sure to use present tense always for those labs and stuff, because when ppl are reading them, the thing they read will always be happening as they read, not like a diary...

Thanks for your help. Usually in labs we do steps, it was only until I saw other EE samples and started writing in paragraphs. Be sure to use present tense always for those labs and stuff, because when ppl are reading them, the thing they read will always be happening as they read, not like a diary...

My physics teacher always recommended bullet points for procedure. The people reading/grading these science EEs (especially physics) are very straight-forward, get-to-the-point people. They don't like reading through extensive paragraphs if you can summarize something to a bullet. Of course your paper will be filled with paragraphs, but if you can structure it in an organized manner that doesn't seem cluttered, you should be fine.

Ex.

materials:

- stopwatch with accuracy of .01 seconds

- ruler with accuracy of....

- string

- weights ranging from .1kg to 10kg

- clamps to ....

- table for...

- protractor to measure angle

looks better than:

Materials used include a stopwatch, a ruler, a string, weights, clamps, table, and a protractor.