How can I form this into a thesis?

stress

Hello! I am writing my extended essay on "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen, and I want to argue that letter writing is important. My reasons are: they describe character development, they advance the plot, and they set up the social setting. I asked my EE advisor, and he said to ask my Lit teacher. She has been on maternity leave for the past 3 weeks, and won't be back until next year. I want to get a jump start now because we have a draft due in a month. My Lit teacher isn't answering her emails.

Thank you all! A thesis formula would be fine. I have written a thesis before (IB duh), but those seemed more obvious to me. Again, thank you!

Second Question: Do you have a structure that could help me with the EE? Thank you!

Hi Stress,

Your EE topic looks good -- you have an appropriate focus (literary) and a pretty firm idea in which direction you want to take your project. I say "thumbs up" -- you have a go, a green light. 

I saw a really good set of instructions for writing the EE, including structure -- I'll see if I can find it again... 

• Like 1

You can also google 50 Excellent Extended Essays and read the English Lit ones to get an idea of high scoring structures and how high scoring essays sound. I found that really useful for writing mine in the right style, I more or less went with my favourite 'style' from the Excellent EEs and it worked out really well.

Also - is your EE supervisor not a Lit teacher?! Ideally you want your supervisor to know the subject your EE is in, otherwise they're just a glorified spell check. They're meant to be able to advise you on subject specifics as well as just "the EE must have 3600-4000 words" "it must be written legibly" etc.! Generally this means they teach it or have taught it in the past.