Counting drama for action?

In school I always perform in the school plays, and last year I completed all of my Creativity hours with the play. I'm doing alright with Service, but for Action I have basically nothing because I have a condition that makes it dangerous for me to participate in sports. My questions is, for the upcoming school play we will be doing a lot of dancing, so would I be able to count that for Action? Not just the dancing, but the whole production as well. Drama can take a lot of physical work actually lol.

In school I always perform in the school plays, and last year I completed all of my Creativity hours with the play. I'm doing alright with Service, but for Action I have basically nothing because I have a condition that makes it dangerous for me to participate in sports . My questions is, for the upcoming school play we will be doing a lot of dancing, so would I be able to count that for Action? Not just the dancing, but the whole production as well. Drama can take a lot of physical work actually lol.

Well, since you have such an ill condition, you could just bring a document describing it from the doctor as an excuse for not having enough action hours.

As for drama, you could just simply split the hours through the categories. (ex. 3h. for Creativity and 2h. for Action) . To prove that you had action there, you could atach a CD with a video record. That's it :lol:

That is what some students do in my school. Splitting the hours between categories. Therefore, I think its okay for you to do it as well. Have you ever thought of doing non competitive sports? Like enter a music competition or something of the sort? I think that is considered as Action.

• 1 month later...
That is what some students do in my school. Splitting the hours between categories. Therefore, I think its okay for you to do it as well. Have you ever thought of doing non competitive sports? Like enter a music competition or something of the sort? I think that is considered as Action.

waiit.

non competitive sports? or non sports competitions?

and can anybody confirm whether things like a music competition can be considered action???

cos that'd absolutely help!

cheers!

B

If are running here and there on the stage during play - call it Action.

If you are helping drama group by giving help like technical - call it Service.

If you are in drama and not doing any of the above two then - call it creativity.

haha nice way to summarise it!

but i don't understand the part of "running here and there on the stage during play" bit very well..

care to explain further?

thanks, B

If you are in drama and not doing any of the above two then - call it creativity.

I don't think running here and there can be counted as action, because those are basically like small errands..

if the play consists of dancing, I guess u can count it as action. But if u need more action hours without having to do a lot of exercising (or non at all), you can join an organization or form a group that promotes exercising or healthy lifestyle. So you just make a sports event, or promote exercising, without having to exercise yourself!

There are some light exercises that you can join, for example, I joined a horseback riding program for 3 months and got 26 hours of action, a friend of me joined a yoga class and she got 25 hours of action.

Well, by running here and there i meant - any activity that leads to contraction of muscles. Any role which requires alot of movement like dancing.... The role in which action is not involved: Speaker.

Edited by Solarstorm

• 1 month later...
Well, by running here and there i meant - any activity that leads to contraction of muscles. Any role which requires alot of movement like dancing.... The role in which action is not involved: Speaker.

my adviser said any activities can be under either C,A,S as long as you can explain why is it so.

another option is that you can aplit your CAS hours. and my adver said this is more prefarable than putting in one category.

• 5 weeks later...