before starting IB

Mehek Kumar

I've actually chilled for 5 months already so i need get productive now and start preparing

should i do some kind of social work so that it adds to my CAS?

You may not be allowed to start recording activities for CAS yet. At my school we were allowed to start the summer before IB1, but no hours beforehand counted. Any activity you did previously was allowed (so if you started playing basketball in grade 9 that was still fine, but you couldn't count any hours from that prior to the summer before IB1 towards your CAS hours). If you can start earning hours now I'd do those to get them out of the way. If you can't, finding an activity or two now to count as CAS later is also good.

• Like 1

It depends on your subject choices, but all I can say is:

If you're doing Chemistry, look at RichThornley on YouTube and watch his videos. You'll find lessons a lot easier if you've done preparatory learning.

If you're doing HL Maths, practise your algebra as much as you can so it doesn't go 'rusty'. If you do go 'rusty' you will probably have a hard time catching up and find HL Maths almost impossible at the start of the year.

• Like 1