Getting into universities / Canada

Guest Marioti

Guest Marioti

Ok so I got into 3 universities in Canada but it really frightens me that even though they accept you, they can still remove the offer as they will only finalize their decision after your IB results are sent in.

I'm scared because for my predicted I got a crappy 32 and I feel like in my exams I am not doing THAT great. I've had so many silly mistakes and I should've studied more (what everyone says)

Are any of you that frightened? I have friends who got into universities but their required grade is 20 and 16 which is absurd

For two of the universities I got into they didn't tell me how much I have to achieve to get in so I'm worried but hopefully they expect a 32 and will accept a 30

Anyways, I was wondering what IB grade you guys need to get into the uni that accepted you

:)

U of Toronto Engineering and Waterloo required me to have 80 average and at least 70 in all my pre-reqs - bonus is that scholarships at Toronto are unconditional. I've finished Math SL and French SL. I just need at least a 4 in English, Chem and Physics. Hence, I need approximately 16/28 in this round of exams (to maintain my conditionals and pass IB); I've secured 13 points already, so the total is around 29/42 to maintain my offer.

Canada isn't even too hard on conditionals. My friend needs a 7/7/6 on his HLs for a UK offer (but I think he already accepted another offer somewhere else).

is anyone planning to go in January? I got wait listed by NYU (42 points predicted) but now I doubt I'll go there because without aid/scholarship its turning out to be too much for us :/ they say now their funds have exhausted or something so they won't be able to assist the remaining applicants.

it's weird now because many of the good colleges don't accept in january. even UoT in canada doesn't.

Guest Marioti

U of Toronto Engineering and Waterloo required me to have 80 average and at least 70 in all my pre-reqs - bonus is that scholarships at Toronto are unconditional. I've finished Math SL and French SL. I just need at least a 4 in English, Chem and Physics. Hence, I need approximately 16/28 in this round of exams (to maintain my conditionals and pass IB); I've secured 13 points already, so the total is around 29/42 to maintain my offer.

Canada isn't even too hard on conditionals. My friend needs a 7/7/6 on his HLs for a UK offer (but I think he already accepted another offer somewhere else).

Unconditional? that's seriously great! Oh wow you seem to have it good :) congrats

Yea I know it isn't hard but I think because it isn't I didn't study as much as I should've

If I was required a 7 in any course I would've studied way more

Thanksfor the response!

is anyone planning to go in January? I got wait listed by NYU (42 points predicted) but now I doubt I'll go there because without aid/scholarship its turning out to be too much for us :/ they say now their funds have exhausted or something so they won't be able to assist the remaining applicants.

it's weird now because many of the good colleges don't accept in january. even UoT in canada doesn't.

I applied for NYU also but it's way to expensive for me :c

I think you should just try and apply for another college/uni now if you really want to start school in august

but you could also just start in January

Also wow I can't believe you got wait listed with 42 as a predicted

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so I got into 3 universities in Canada but it really frightens me that even though they accept you, they can still remove the offer as they will only finalize their decision after your IB results are sent in.

I'm scared because for my predicted I got a crappy 32 and I feel like in my exams I am not doing THAT great. I've had so many silly mistakes and I should've studied more (what everyone says)

Are any of you that frightened? I have friends who got into universities but their required grade is 20 and 16 which is absurd

For two of the universities I got into they didn't tell me how much I have to achieve to get in so I'm worried but hopefully they expect a 32 and will accept a 30 

Anyways, I was wondering what IB grade you guys need to get into the uni that accepted you

:)

Hey!

May I know which subject you are applying for?

I know U of T demands for 34 IB points to get into Rotman Commerce program. If fail to achieve that, the student will be automatically assigned to their humanities and social sciences program...

Anyway, good luck to your IB results:)

Edited by Kat_emu

• 2 weeks later...

If you got an offer from UBC, you just need to obtain the Ib diploma. Offers are only revoked upon failing to get 24 points :-)

I only applied to UBC so I can't say for sure about other Canadian unis, but it seems that they are pretty lenient with IB students so I suppose they would accept you as long as you don't fail the diploma. That said, for the more demanding programs (med, law, dentistry) your final grades should match the predicted grades.