History Paper 3 Help! Urgent question! I'm so worried ;(

Natty710

Hey guys,

I made a really stupid mistake on my History paper 3 exam. I did the question on the impact of WW1 on the Feb/March Russian Revolution (Im TZ2) but I made a maaaassive mistake. Instead of writing about the Feb Revolution, I wrote about the October one. A few things may be relevant but probably about half the history on my essay is wrong :( Will I get a 0? Or will the examiner at least give me some marks on skill. If the essay had been on the Oct revolution, I would have actually scored quite well, I believe! I can't believe i made such a stupid mistake :( By the time I realized, it was too late to do anything about it. :question:(N):tears:

It's pretty much impossible to get a zero; even a solid structure with a clear thesis and some accurate knowledge can gain you like 5-7 points easily :P I have no knowledge about that subject since I didn't study it, but hey, if half the information in the essay is correct you could gain some points obviously, but you may be held back in the fact that you "misinterpreted" the question; although you didn't really misinterpret it, you just talked about the wrong thing (possibly out of context?). Don't stress about It I would say; I'm sure your other essays can maybe make up for it :)

Edited by patrick1996

Firstly, don't panic. Nobody really knows how many points you will get.

I know only what is written in Paper 2 Markscheme: It says that if you for example chose the wrong dictator (left-wing instead of right-wing) you score 0 points. But I don't know if this really happens. If you are scared maybe you should maybe ask your teacher. I believe you will get atleast a few points :)
I really hope you will score well in your exams.

How did you find the other two papers? I found the Paper 1 really hard -mainly because of my bad english skills and because I didn't have enough time. The Paper 2 however, was simple (at least for me). Did anyone else had any problems with P1 or am I the only one that will fail :'( (I really hope I didn't do so bad)

It's pretty much impossible to get a zero; even a solid structure with a clear thesis and some accurate knowledge can gain you like 5-7 points easily :P I have no knowledge about that subject since I didn't study it, but hey, if half the information in the essay is correct you could gain some points obviously, but you may be held back in the fact that you "misinterpreted" the question; although you didn't really misinterpret it, you just talked about the wrong thing (possibly out of context?). Don't stress about It I would say; I'm sure your other essays can maybe make up for it :)

I really hope you're right about that! I would hate to get a 0 straight-up. And I was panicking because like IB just killed me said, some of the paper 2 MS say to award a zero if you talk about the wrong thing :doh: Yeah, I didn't misinterpret the question, I just read the wrong!! Instead of reading ''Feb/March'', I read ''Feb/October''! Stupid me ;D

Anyway, I found the rest of the papers pretty good! I's say that Paper 1 was probably the best out of all the 3! For paper 2, I thought my Authoritarian/Single Party States essay went pretty well, but I spaced out slightly on my Cold War essay ;D Ah well, I still think I did decently XD And IB just killed me, don't worry, I'm sure you did not fail it and even if you feel you didn't do as well as you could, I'm sure your other papers will help pull your grade up! And if you did well on your IA, that helps too!

Edited by Natty710

You should expect a zero. If everyone wrote on whichever topic they pleased and disregarded the questions, what would even be the point of setting questions?? The examiner will assume you do not know anything about the February Revolution, have only prepared for the October one and pretended to have misread the question.

Imagine if everyone just changed the name of the single-party leader in paper 2 as they please, or changed for example the essay question from 'discuss Alexander II's policies' to 'discuss Nicholas's policies' in paper 3.

How did you not read the question properly?? Hopefully your other essays were good.

Guest Marioti

Ok I honestly think that in the end it will depend on whoever marks your exam.

If you wrote nothing about the Feb Revolution and I mean if nothing is relevant than yes you could get a 0. It would've been different if you have said that you added extra information in the end about the October Rev and it ended up being more than you wrote for the Feb one.

If the marker is nice he/she might award you some points for, like said above, thesis and structure. And since you said some thing might be relevant, you'll probably not score a zero.

Good luck