HELP! Can't find published literature for my Group 4 lab!

John Lakers

For my Group 4 lab conclusion I need a piece of published literature and I'm trying to find a published scientific article about the presence of oil from an oil spill affecting the photosynthetic rate of an aquatic plant. Please help... I've been trying to find over google and my Group 4 lab is due tomorrow!

I can't believe you can't find any. I found plenty on just the 2nd page of google.

You don't need to have an article that is exactly the same as your experiment. You don't necessarily have to find one which matches your data, just qualitative comparison is enough.

I can't believe you can't find any. I found plenty on just the 2nd page of google.

You don't need to have an article that is exactly the same as your experiment. You don't necessarily have to find one which matches your data, just qualitative comparison is enough.

What did you type in the search bar for Google scholar? And are you sure qualitative comparison is enough? I thought we have to compare our results

I typed oil spill affect photosynthesis. I did it in regular google search. I don't use google scholar.

Yes qualitative comparison is enough, that is if your experiment shows that the thicker the layer of oil (or whatever), the lower the photosynthesis rate, you just need to find one journal that also shows that the thicker the layer of oil (or whatever), the lower the photosynthesis rate. You don't need to find one where the data of the journal matches your numbers.

It is almost impossible to exactly replicate the experiment conducted in the journal.

Edited by twilight