Question about Usa

ysfcll

SAT scores alone do not get you into a university, especially the top ones. And even one subsection doesn't guarantee a spot. You should have good grades throughout your secondary school/high school years, good SAT scores in each section, strong letters of recommendation from teachers/adults who like you, and a list of extracurricular activities that's more than just stuff like 'I am a passing member of this one club I attend like once a month' to get into a good university.

A SAT score of something like 760 math, 700 reading, and 700 writing is fine, but an SAT of something like 800 math, 530 reading, and 560 writing is not good.

• Like 3

780-800 in math is definitely not enough to get into a "fine" university. Most aspects of your university application should be well rounded too.. (Extracurriculars, School Grades, + your writing and critical reading SAT scores)

It seems to be we think a bit different level of universites by "fine" :) but i understood that i need good marks of all other sections as well.My position is I'm already doing IB and my own turkish syllabus as well.If i can get around 32 points from IB, 90% average score from my own turkish syllabus, around 1800 SAT score and around 90 points from toefl ibt as well as with remarkable extracurricular activities and good recommendation letters, can I get in a "normal" university ?

Ps: I dont insist on usa so i can think about other countries such as Uk and Canada

Edited by ysfcll