is cas moderated?

There is no need to write reflections on all of the hours you have done, just enough to show you've met the minimum requirements, so that might help a bit. It's well and good to feel proud of 500 hours but you only had to record 150 - if you put down 500 you do have to then reflect on all 500! You can't plagiarise from yourself because the definition of plagiarising is to use somebody else's work and pass it off as your own, so... yes. I'd try to mix it up as much as you can, but it is very hard to "reflect" for 500 hours worth so if it gets a tiny bit repetitive in places, provided you space it out a bit I'm sure nobody will mind. You could very well have reflected the same stuff from a few activities, but try to be as inventive as possible when making up reflections and you should be able to get a decent amount of variety.

The IBO as a rule tend never see your CAS folder. However, about once every 5 or 6 years they might ask to view a few of the folders from a school, meaning that the vast majority will never be handed in! Those that are handed in are just read to check they meet the requirements and the tone is right. I do know one guy who got in trouble for having the 'wrong tone' in his reflections (if I remember correctly he said that his playing badminton every week had made zero contribution to the community - but you've got to BS something, you can't just put this even if it's 100% true!!), so be wary and keep them sounding earnest and sincere.

• Like 1