LAQ structure?

SuriviveThis

Psychology 22 marks?

Introduction: Define key terms and set up the question. Remember to relate the question back to one of the principles of bio/cog/soc (whichever is applicable) if you can. e.g. one past question was "Discuss the use of technology in investigating one cognitive process" you'd define a cognitive process e.g. memory is defined as the encoding, rehearsal and retrieval of information, and you'd say what type of technology is used which is brain imaging: PET, MRI etc. and you'd say this relates to the principle that the human mind can be studied scientifically.

The trick with studies, is to introduce them, explain them use critical thinking, and then link back to the question eg this study shows that brain imaging is useful in helping localize brain function ... etc. What I like to do is have an in depth study and back it up with brief studies, and then have another in depth study (which either supports or counters the first in depth study, this depends on the question) and also back that one up with brief studies.

Conclusion: Critical thinking is key in the conclusion. You've already done your critical thinking for each study, but now you have to do your overall critical thinking. e.g. for this question you would go on about the positives and negatives of brain imaging etc.

I hope this helps! :)

• Like 1

also another tip my teacher gave use today: he said if the critical thinking that you use is applicable to most studies (eg lacks ecological validity, small sample size) then it is not enough until you explicitly refer it back to the study and the question eg this study has low ecological validity because ... (explain why) and therefore ...(link back to question)