Need a buddy to learn Japanese both romanized and hiragana

I am attempting a self study on the Japanese language, because my school does not offer the course. As of now I know very little. I use Facebook and email. Also I need to find out how to type the characters on my Android tablet (runs jellybean) I can do this Fridays and Saturday's --- thanks

Edited by pecchiaw12

Some schools will let you have 'learning a new language' acceptable for the Creativity component of CAS - so ask your IB coordinator whether it's allowed for you. I believe this is generally acceptable only when it's a language you're not doing for IB (so not your Group 1 or Group 2 language).

As for Skype, it's very easy to join and it's free for download if you want to get it. Alternatively, you could try online resources like youtube, busuu, live mocha or italki..

Also, if you're still stuck on how to type the characters on your Android -- go to the Play Store and download the app "Google Japanese Input" - or, you can search Japanese Keyboard and download whichever one you prefer. Hope this info helps. :)