What are my chances?

Guest Ngod

What are my chances into MIT, Stanford, UC Berkeley, Georgia Tech, Carnegie Mellon and Urbana Champaign?

Hi Guys,
I am someone applying for the class starting in 2015. So I will be applying at the end of this year. I want to know my chances four universities in the title (MIT, based on my academics and ECA's. So here they are-
SAT Score
Critical Reading- 700
Math- 800
Writing- 800

High School Scores (For Year 12 (US Grade 11) only)
I am enrolled in the IB Diploma Programme,

Mathematics HL- 7
Physics HL- 7
Chemistry HL- 7
Economics HL- 7
French B SL- 6
English- 6

Extended Essay Topic- Magnetic Braking

I will be taking SAT subject tests in June in Math 2 and Physics, and am hoping for 780+ in both.

ECA's

Violin ABRSM Grade 8- I will be taking this exam in 2015 June.
In terms of Violin, I've been playing for a long time. I have participated in a few orchestras. One notable one was an orchestra comprised of four schools in the area which was great fun. The most memorable one (which I am still a part of) is the Bangkok Charity Orchestra, where we play voluntarily and raise lots of money for Bangkok charities by playing music at an orchestra. Otherwise, I am a member of my schools String Ensemble that plays at all assemblies and other sorts of events where there is an opportunity to play a piece. So obviously, I am quite involved with the violin.
I am one of the leaders of the MUN group at our school. Thats Mode United Nations. I have debated in a few conferences in our area (couldnt go to the South East Asia conference because of protests) and organize the activity along with the other leaders of the activity.
I am a member of our school's Peer Tutoring activity. This is an activity where we teach concepts to people in younger years (grades) who are struggling with things. Being good at math, my role is to tutor the kids there at mathematics.
Otherwise, I have started a project on youtube where I am covering the entire Mathematics HL syllabus for IB to help people out who find maths hl difficult. This is different as compared to Peer Tutoring as this is for students studying math at an intensive and high level.

The major that I am interested is Electrical Engineering.

What are my chances into MIT, Stanford, UC Berkeley, Georgia Tech, Carnegie Mellon and Urbana Champaign?

Hi Guys,

I am someone applying for the class starting in 2015. So I will be applying at the end of this year. I want to know my chances four universities in the title (MIT, based on my academics and ECA's. So here they are-

SAT Score

Critical Reading- 700

Math- 800

Writing- 800

High School Scores (For Year 12 (US Grade 11) only)

I am enrolled in the IB Diploma Programme,

Mathematics HL- 7

Physics HL- 7

Chemistry HL- 7

Economics HL- 7

French B SL- 6

English- 6

Extended Essay Topic- Magnetic Braking

I will be taking SAT subject tests in June in Math 2 and Physics, and am hoping for 780+ in both.

ECA's

Violin ABRSM Grade 8- I will be taking this exam in 2015 June.

In terms of Violin, I've been playing for a long time. I have participated in a few orchestras. One notable one was an orchestra comprised of four schools in the area which was great fun. The most memorable one (which I am still a part of) is the Bangkok Charity Orchestra, where we play voluntarily and raise lots of money for Bangkok charities by playing music at an orchestra. Otherwise, I am a member of my schools String Ensemble that plays at all assemblies and other sorts of events where there is an opportunity to play a piece. So obviously, I am quite involved with the violin.

I am one of the leaders of the MUN group at our school. Thats Mode United Nations. I have debated in a few conferences in our area (couldnt go to the South East Asia conference because of protests) and organize the activity along with the other leaders of the activity.

I am a member of our school's Peer Tutoring activity. This is an activity where we teach concepts to people in younger years (grades) who are struggling with things. Being good at math, my role is to tutor the kids there at mathematics.

Otherwise, I have started a project on youtube where I am covering the entire Mathematics HL syllabus for IB to help people out who find maths hl difficult. This is different as compared to Peer Tutoring as this is for students studying math at an intensive and high level.

The major that I am interested is Electrical Engineering.

I don't really know much about SAT scores, but your IB scores are impressing and the ECA's as well. What's your youtube channel called/can I find it somewhere? I'd be amazing!

• Like 1

I would say you are definitely in at UIUC, and have a good chance at Georgia Tech, UCB, and Carnegie Mellon.

MIT and Stanford are extremely difficult to get into any day of the week, but your stats make you a competitive applicant. Normally people have a couple more extracurricular activities, but since yours are heavily involved and show initiative, I wouldn't be too worried.

Make sure you do extremely well on your essays and get good letters of recommendation. Since MIT and Stanford all have applicants with similar stats to yours, you need those to stand out from everyone else to get a place there. And even at the end of the day you don't get into MIT or Stanford, every school you listed is great for engineering and you will have good opportunities at any of the schools you picked.