Bursary question

Ryoika

I was thinking of applying to bursary applications for university, but I'm not sure if our family income
is low enough to be considered as okay for bursary.
Usually, in Canadian universities, what income is considered as one enough for bursary application?
Does it differ from university to university? What about UBC and SFU?
Or does it really depend on the essays that you usually submit in the application to prove to the universities how
awful your financial situation is?

Edited by Ryoika

I'm not from BC, but in Ontario, you put in all the financial information into something called OSAP. OSAP basically loans you money and gives you money (from the Ontario government) if you're qualified. Bursary applications often do not need elaborate essays because they are mostly need-based. If your financial situation is not too dire, you should also try to go for the merit based scholarships; there are more of them than you think.

I'm not from BC, but in Ontario, you put in all the financial information into something called OSAP. OSAP basically loans you money and gives you money (from the Ontario government) if you're qualified. Bursary applications often do not need elaborate essays because they are mostly need-based. If your financial situation is not too dire, you should also try to go for the merit based scholarships; there are more of them than you think.

I just asked my dad, and he told me that our annual financial income is $40,000

Is this low enough to be called enough for bursary applications?

I just asked my dad, and he told me that our annual financial income is $40,000

Is this low enough to be called enough for bursary applications?

I think so; you should also research the student loans that are available. Universities give out relative lower amounts of bursaries I believe. You should check out the FA provided by the provincial government because those ones will probably be the main sources of your funding.