Subject Choices

Djsporting

At the end of November I submitted my IB choices, back then I was more focused on a computer science course. However, after researching I have decided that I'm more focused on an economics course.

Nonetheless, I have picked

Maths HL

Physics HL

Economics HL

Business SL

Spanish AB INITIO

English Lang&Lit

Physics is not something I enjoy nor require, but if i took off physics I would need a science either at SL or HL, and ESS (Easier science) is only available at SL in my school. Thus, would I have to quit business? I do not want to put Business at HL since i've heard that it is not well seen in the eyes of U.K unis.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

I think that though HL physics is said to be hugely challenging, both physics and maths at higher level are two subjects that complement each other really well. And business SL is way easier than HL, plus as you said hl business may be less recognized by unis especially if you took economics at higher level as well. However, seeing as you don't enjoy physics and is seeking higher education in the field of economics, perhaps it would be more suitable and enjoyable for you?

Hope this did some help,,

Cheers :-)

I wouldn't even worry about taking business at any level to be perfectly honest. UK unis don't view it as a strong subject. Drop HL physics, especially since you said you don't need it AND you don't like it too much. You will be miserable otherwise. Keep HL math and economics, those are good for an economics course.

That leaves the problem of what to take in place of business and physics. What other subjects does your school offer? Is there anything you have at SL that you wouldn't mind raising to HL?

• Like 1

Adding to what Emmi said, do you have any other humanity option available at school? eg does your school offer history, psychology, philosophy etc? If you have ESS as your SL science, then either you'll have your humanity as HL or english lit & lang at HL because you obviously can't do spanish HL