IOP interesting presentation/ visual ideas?

Christin

Hi! We've just begun our options-

texts and films and are now supposed to do an individual oral presentation on the short story "Memento Mori" and the film "Memento".
Whilst I have a view ideas about what to present, I'm totally unsure about the whole visual and presentational aspect of the whole thing. Our teacher told us we were basically not supposed to do a powerpoint or prezi and instead something original and interesting to watch... But I have no idea what to do at all...

Does anyone have any ideas how to present an analysis of a text/film in an interesting way??

I am not a fan of PowerPoint presentations - especially when they are used as a substitute for genuine thought, but I am nevertheless surprised your teacher actually BANS its use !

My guess is that she has seen too many crummy Ppt. presentations. In that case, you will need to rely on BEING interesting - through words and ideas. Do you have anything interesting, original etc to say? What have you chosen as your topic?

You emphasize your teacher wanting something interesting "to watch"--- so are you meant to use visuals? Or is she keen to watch YOU doing your presentation. It is not clear.

If you can use the (computer) overhead to show film clips -without Ppt. -- then in that case all is fine and makes sense. You will show / record only what is needed. The bare essentials. The point becomes what you say and how you say it.

So, just think of a great topic and insightful things to say.

Edited by Blackcurrant