Choosing subjects, would like commentary

Clause

• English Lit. HL
  • Psychology HL
  • Biology HL

• Math. Studies SL
  • Chinese B SL
  • French B SL

English and psychology at HL; I would like to focus on these subjects. Pretty good with them (if I do say so myself) and I'd enjoy putting my time into these

Biology HL... If I had to choose right now, I'd choose to biology, HL; (solely) personal preference. Not to say that I wouldn't enjoy any of the sciences available (because I actually do like a lot of the choices)... biology's simply my favorite and the one I seem to be the best at...? Scary uncertainty FTW :teehee:

Having a hard time deciding between math studies and math SL/HL. Huge difference between mathematical studies and mathematics HL, I know, but I feel like I could go either way. I've always been pretty good with math (in fact, I'm taking two math classes now), but I don't see myself needing a strong background in maths. If I did choose to go the extra mile and take math HL, it might just be a lot of extra work for nothing in particular.

I'd prefer not to invest my time in French B HL because I'm not sure I like the teacher.-. (nothing personal, of course)

...aaaaaaand Chinese HL isn't offered, so that door's closed. I might've considered Japanese if HL were offered, but since it isn't I'll just go with Chinese. Teacher preference; one's revising teaching methods

By the way, I'm currently taking both French and Chinese at level two. Was kinda just placed in these classes without placement tests. I find these classes reasonably easy. Japanese I was way, way too easy.

hours in, project returned, middle years programme over with... what next?

Edited by Clause

It seems like you've got a good handle on what you want. I'd advise you to go with Math SL. As a current student, it's quite doable. If you're good at math but not scary good, it's a decent compromise. If you find it too difficult you can always go to Studies, or if you find it too easy you can move up to HL. SL just sounds like your best bet.

• Like 1