B&M Research Question - wording issue, heelp!

Hey, guys!
I am writing my IA about motivation within a business, and agreed with the teacher that I should wait with my RQ until I was finished with the rest of the essay, and now he is sick!!

I am looking into motivation in a business, and whether or not the management in the business and the people that work within production see the motivational work done in the business in the same way, if you get what I mean.

I have interviewed the person who is responsible for motivating the employees, and then done a survey among the workers based on the information I got in the interview.

Do you have any suggestions as to how I could alter the RQ? At the moment I have "Do the employees and the board members at [business] see motivation in the same way?" but it doesn't feel right.

The current RQ you have isn't very strong at all, because it's a very simple Yes/No question, which you want to avoid at all costs. A better RQ might be something along the lines of "To what extent do the employees and board members… " I'm also a bit iffy about the way you've worded it as "see motivation".. because it kind of only implies what the employees/board members understand what motivation is, rather than how best the employees would be motivated. I hope you can see the difference there? Hope this helps!

I would also strongly advise against you writing your IA until you finalise the RQ. Doing it the other way around means your IA won't be as focused on answering the RQ, as you won't know the specific argument that you'll be writing about, and consequently, your IA simply won't be as good. :)

• Like 1

bluedino summed it up pretty neatly.

The question is very vague. The questions sounds like as if you are just asking people:

Instead of focusing on "How they see motivation" focus on the actual mechanism of motivation, methods used, current efficiency, etc.