NYU

Luca2014

Hey, I wanted to know if someone here attends NYU, is planning to, or was accepted? How did you manage to do so? I really want t get into NYU

Another thing, I was reading that being part of a minority will help you get accepted, is it true? I am bi-racial (mom is black and dad is white), however I consider myself just black because I don't have contact with my dad, and I am closer to my black part of the family, should I put just black in the future? lol

Another thing for CAS hours (IB Diploma), my CAS advisor it's like the first time she is doing this thing, and doesn't know anything, and doesn't help me at all. I don't really know much about Cas, and how can I get more hours, she doesn't help me at all, I hate her -.-

well i can only answer the CAS part, we all tend to panic when it comes to CAS where in fact its really simple, just think creatively! if your the sports kind of person always participate in games or maybe you can design lessons for orphans on how to play basketball correctly for example. Simply helping elderlies in transporting their groceries or even going to an orphanage for a day will gain you CAS hours. The IB wants 150 hours if you're a diploma student, 50 hours in each creativity, action, and service, always make sure to fulfill these three areas because having 150 hours of action only wont cover for service and creativity. Hope this helps

Guest Marioti

I'm applying to NYU and hopefully I'll get accepted, but I'm not so certain ;;(

About CAS hum well what CAS activities do you have now? Like does your school offer a lot? I would suggest doing most during 1st year because or else you'll be fishing for hours in the end.

I just have one and actually I had some trouble filling out the CAS sheet, I don't know what to write... (I was helping around for a Christmas party at our school organized by the community club for homeless people)

If you want help with CAS sheets, message me