Question!

chileanbob

Yes, although I don't really think you need a separate section for it.

I did my EE in history and I just found out today I got an A on it :) haha.

But I would incorporate the OPVL part within the essay itself..what I did was that in each argument, I would give my main point and then use a historian to back it up, like "According to the notable US military historian, ___________, blah blah blah". Then I would say something like "However, this information is limited in that the historian is American and may be biased in his opinion.." etc. In that way, it makes the essay flow much better.

Oh...okay. I was thinking of doing it my way because I find it easier to locate rather than placing it in the body. That sounds good though! I just need to boost up my word count ^.^; and I thought my way could help... But this is my first draft and have a month before the final is due.

Also, how often do you have to say "this historian might be biased because of XYZ" ? because my EE revolves around a few topics and I feel it'd be repetitve to say it once per paragraph

Haha, I had that problem too. Because obviously every historian will have some sort of bias so you have to state that as a limitation of the source. But I managed to only use the word "bias" twice in my essay because I tried to use primary sources as often as possible and usually my primary sources were telegram war messages or decoded messages and those don't really have bias, as they just state facts.

Maybe you could just imply bias rather than saying it outright a million times, like if an American historian was defending the American government's actions in a war: "The validity of this source is questionnable due to the historian's American descent".