Need help finding online tutor

DustyKones

Hey guys

I'm resitting my psychology HL, which I got a 4 in, however the school I am resitting it with does not offer it as a course (I moved country after taking the exams). I was quite confident and happy after taking the exams, which makes me really feel like what I need is someone with the qualifications to teach and or mark IB psychology who I could e-mail papers I've written for marking, or call on skype to discuss certain matters etc. I've found things such as OSC online tutoring and tutors on video-tutor.org, but they both seem to be more session based, where you spend 45 minutes to an hour talking to the teacher and then stop. While that's fine, I would benefit far more from someone who was slightly more consistent, and most importantly, from someone who I could e-mail past papers, as the thing that most scares me about the resit is I was confident in attaining at least a 6 after the first time, so by May of this year I need to have a thorough understanding of what I did wrong, and how to do it right.

If anyone has any experience with anything like this, please let me know.

Thanks

Have you tried contacting any local psychology teachers? Personally I think that being face to face with somebody is far superior to seeing them occasionally online. I found a teacher for Latin once just by asking my relatives and sticking an advert in the newspaper. Got a few replies and eventually I went with somebody who was a friend of a friend of my grandma :P

Another thought is seeing if you can get any psychology students from your local University to give you some tutoring, as they'll also be good and probably a lot cheaper :P Half the people working for these companies are just Uni students anyway, so you may as well approach one directly.

There are companies which can give you consistent tutoring (i.e. the same person delivering the sessions each time) over the net. If you can't find anything in your local area then I could name you at least one if you sent me a PM. But I'd definitely try locally first!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...