Any Tips for ITGS HL Papers?

graciepomme

Hey you guys ~

At my school, ITGS is considered an easy course so I decided to take it and lower the possible workload I would have. However, the school wasn't able to offer it this year so instead, I took the course online (it's a 2 year program) so right now I'm taking ITGS HL online on this Pamoja site where I'm in a class with students all over the world. Even though it was outline, I assumed it would still be easy but right now I am legitimately failing. I do all the discussions and assignments we have each week and I do well on them but on the practice papers (which are huge parts of our mark right now), I am receiving 20%~30%... I haven't received anything above that which is extremely sad. I'm not used to such low marks so I'm really nervous and scared and I don't know what to do...

Do you guys have any tips regarding ITGS papers? Like what are the main things I should know? Should I focus on terminology? How do they usually look? Any possible tips you guys may have, I would love to hear it because I'm desperate right now.

Thank you in advance ~

I sat ITGS HL in the Nov 13 session. I was always getting high 7s in class and thought it was an easy subject, turns out I only got a 6 in finals. One of the most important things is knowing your ITGS terminology, and considering things from a number of different viewpoints (all the stakeholders). Another tip is to try and write an article analysis weekly and getting it marked so that you can slowly work your way up to finals. Terminology and stakeholders are the main things they focus on! And also make sure you have good IT knowledge so that it can be applied to the real-life situations.

It's also tricky because the syllabus for this subject isn't as clearly defined as for some others (like in the sciences, for example). This could possibly be because it's more of an applied subject rather than having straightforward answers.
Good luck with everything!!