The personal engagement and my IA

BGAF

Hello everyone!

I am currently doing my IA and the topic that I've chosen is rather unusual, abstract and interesting. It is "Non-Euclidean geometries" and what I've done so far is showing how it differs from the traditional geometry by examining the Fifth postulate.

Next, I'm thinking of discussing the two main types of non-Euclidean geometry: Hyperbolic and Elliptic. Now, there are some useful tools that convert the 3-D objects from the non-Euclidean geometry into a 2-D models, so I can easily create shapes, which to explore. But the problem is that I can't figure out how to include the "personal engagement" (which is one of the assessment criteria). Pretty much all of the properties of a hyperbolic triangle ( just as an example) are already described by formulas... so I'm wondering how can I contribute personally to this topic.... The case with elliptic triangles is a bit easier, because Earth's surface represents elliptic plane, and so I might come up with some applications in real life.

So, guys, any ideas on how to include some more personal engagement to the topic would be MUCH appreciated.

Cheers,

BGAF

Hello everyone!

I am currently doing my IA and the topic that I've chosen is rather unusual, abstract and interesting. It is "Non-Euclidean geometries" and what I've done so far is showing how it differs from the traditional geometry by examining the Fifth postulate.

Next, I'm thinking of discussing the two main types of non-Euclidean geometry: Hyperbolic and Elliptic. Now, there are some useful tools that convert the 3-D objects from the non-Euclidean geometry into a 2-D models, so I can easily create shapes, which to explore. But the problem is that I can't figure out how to include the "personal engagement" (which is one of the assessment criteria). Pretty much all of the properties of a hyperbolic triangle ( just as an example) are already described by formulas... so I'm wondering how can I contribute personally to this topic.... The case with elliptic triangles is a bit easier, because Earth's surface represents elliptic plane, and so I might come up with some applications in real life.

So, guys, any ideas on how to include some more personal engagement to the topic would be MUCH appreciated.

Cheers,

BGAF

you must show that you really 'explored'. how deep you dug into your report, the considerations or implications, how much you know about your topic and probably taking approaches of your own to solve a particular issue. i mean create situations in your report (if this happened, this is how i would deal with this). you should show that you enjoyed doing the IA (most people don't, but you still have to show that you do?) and yeah, maybe show that you tried to innovate :P

that's all i can think of as of now. i hope at least a few of the points make sense to you

Edited by MISHI

Hello everyone!

Cheers,

BGAF

try to relate the application of the maths concept and ur interest..

im sure ull finally find the similarities~ and say how much uve always interested in this and tht