What is topographic mapping?

Ib_slave

Guest Lily Bean

Basically it's reading maps and etc. It's in Paper 2, you have the option of doing the question in Part C which is a map reading question. Look in a past paper for more details. It's really boring honestly but I guess for a geographer you need to be able to do it.

[quote name='Lily Bean' post='19298' date='Jul 4 2008, 12:20 PM']Basically it's reading maps and etc. It's in Paper 2, you have the option of doing the question in Part C which is a map reading question. Look in a past paper for more details. It's really boring honestly but I guess for a geographer you need to be able to do it.[/quote]
Thanks for the reply. :( I actually thought it might have something with drawing maps (which I'm not keen on doing). :)

Guest Lily Bean

[quote name='freelancer_girl' post='19303' date='Jul 4 2008, 01:33 PM']Thanks for the reply. :) I actually thought it might have something with drawing maps (which I'm not keen on doing). :) [/quote]
It's got drawing cross-sections of maps as well...but not actually drawing a whole map. It's still really boring though. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='freelancer_girl' post='19288' date='Jul 4 2008, 12:48 PM']At Geography HL, we have to do 120 hours of topographic mapping.[/quote]

120 hours for topographic mapping??? We hardly used like 2 to 3 weeks for it which is approximately 22 hours. And i think we did finish that section of the syllabus because the teacher gave us like whole past papers to do on topographic papers. Although he did say it we are just doing it as an extra option so if in the exam we were confused with the other options we could just do topographic mapping.